As president of the United Nations Security Council, the United Arab Emirates will convene a ministerial-level Arria-formula meeting on the need and opportunities for climate finance to build and sustain peace in conflict, crisis, and post-conflict situations. The event marks the first discussion among Council members on the role of climate finance.
This meeting will identify and assess how climate finance and conflict prevention strategies and programs can be aligned and strengthened in relevant contexts, including via gender mainstreaming and sensitization. The meeting will also outline potential next steps on coordination between climate and security actors over the next 12 months.
- Alok Sharma, COP26 President
- Yannick Glemarec, Executive Director of the Green Climate Fund
- Chet Greene, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Trade, Antigua and Barbuda
- John Kerry, Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, USA
- Barbara Pompili, Minister for the Ecological Transition, France
- Mohammed Mubarak bin Daina, Special Envoy for Climate Affairs, Bahrain
- Ahmed Khaleel, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Maldives
- Jennifer Morgan, Special Envoy for International Climate Action, Germany
- Nasifah Abubaker, Head of Secretariat, Rural Women Energy Security (Nigeria)
- Ahmed Muneeb Saeed, Vice-President, Asian Development Bank
- Ayat Solimon, Acting Vice-President for Middle East and North Africa, World Bank